ZVerse, Inc., the leader in content applications for full color 3D printing, reports 12 consecutive months of growth in 2014 and adds Scot Wingo, Founder of Channel Advisor, to its board of directors.
“2014 was an incredible year for our young company. We are excited to report that we have grown our consumer 3D print business 30% month over month in our first 12 months of commercialization. This is important because it shows 3D printing can reach the broader consumer market and it demonstrates that content is king in any dimension,” said John Carrington, CEO of ZVerse. “We are also excited to announce the addition of Scot Wingo as an investor and a member of our Board. His experience in software and e-commerce will strengthen our applications and accelerate growth in 2015.”
Wingo adds, “ZVerse is solving the content problem facing the 3D printing industry. Their technology, customer acquisition success and portfolio of licensing partners has allowed them to bring 3D printing to consumers clamoring for content that they can relate to. They have a great vision for the company and they’ve shown the ability to execute quickly.”
ZVerse 2014 highlights:
- 62% of purchases in 2014 were made by females
- 90% of surveyed purchasers had no understanding of 3D printing, demonstrating ZVerse penetration of a broader consumer market
- Invented a patent pending, 3D print, color post processing technology for enhanced durability, color, and improved aesthetics
- Featured designer in Amazon 3D Print store for Q4 2014
- Obtained license for the College Football Playoff and College Football Playoff National Championship game in addition to an existing portfolio of 35 collegiate licenses
- Appointed e-commerce expert and CEO of ChannelAdvisor, Scot Wingo, to board to accelerate e-commerce sales and capital investment. Scot joins Walter Alessandrini, former CEO of Pirelli N.A., former CEO of Avanex (IPO 2000), and former CEO of Ometric, on the ZVerse board of directors
ZVerse creates software applications to make any 2D content 3D printable. The applications can be run on any website and their solutions serve industries including: promotional products, collegiate and professional licensing, and the broader consumer products industry. Founded in April 2013, ZVerse is headquartered in Columbia, SC.